Saturday, July 14, 2007

CHOCOLATE PIE

Today is another beautiful Saturday. Billy and Tommy leave for camp tomorrow. They will be gone for a whole week!! I asked Tommy what he wanted me to make for dessert for his last night here for a while. He didn't have to think long! Chocolate pie. This has been a favorite dessert around here since the first time I made it a couple of years ago. It is absolutely to die for served with a scoop of ice cream.


Here's the recipe in case you'd like to try it yourself.

pre-bake a 9 inch pie shell for 5 minutes

melt together over med/low heat:
1 stick butter
1-oz unsweetened chocolate (I substituted 3 Tbls cocoa powder + 1 Tbls oil)


to the chocolate mixture, add:
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup flour

pour into pie shell
bake @ 350* for 25 minutes

cool at least 1 hour before slicing

I hope you enjoy this pie as much as we do!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chocolate pie was awesome. The fireworks were just a bonus.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ann!!
That pie looks delicious!!
I was looking for something special to make for dessert tonight..this just might be it! :)

Thanks for visiting my blog..and sharing your thoughts. It's been a hard two weeks, but the Lord has held my hand through it all. What a comfort He is!

Happy birthday to your dd!! I know you are so very proud of her!!!

Can't wait to re-open the Homestead..I sure am missing everyone!