Friday, July 17, 2009

OUR LITTLE NATURE PRESERVE

This evening Doug and I enjoyed an absolutely delicious dinner for just the two of us. We had grilled steak with sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, caesar salad, and fresh picked today corn on the cob.

After dinner, we were in the kitchen doing the dishes, when Doug spotted a gorgeous deer browsing in our yard. I grabbed the camera and started taking some pictures that turned out a bit fuzzy because I was shooting through the screen.

When the deer moved into a different part of our yard, I snuck a peek out of our side door and took a little video. I thought I'd share it here for those of you who are nature freaks like me. The video gets a bit jumpy at the end when I was trying to keep my friend's dog, Beau, from pushing through the door to go "play" with the deer.


I hope you enjoy the video. It's time for our dessert now. Homemade peach cobbler!


3 comments:

Kani said...

Beautiful deer. Dinner sounded good, too.

Beth said...

Oh, that is so pretty! How beautiful to have the deer in your yard! We used to have that when we lived far into the country but we often see deer now on the way to our little country church...it is always an added bonus!
I thought it was neat that the horse in the background didn't seem to care one bit that there were some extra visitors to your yard!
Thanks for the pretty show!
Beth

Beth said...

I miss reading about your little "slice of life!" Please blog again sometime soon! :)